PAUL SELLERS & COMPANY
last updated 24 May 2018
This website is operated by Paul Sellers & Company Ltd (Paul Sellers & Company), a family owned business, as part of its network of sites and subsites (together, the Paul Sellers & CompanyWebsites).
Unless stated otherwise, Paul Sellers & Company is the data controller in respect of all personal data collected on forms or on the Paul Sellers & Company Websites, which means that, we are responsible for ensuring that we do so in full compliance with data protection and all other related privacy laws.
Additional privacy information
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THESE TERMS BEFORE USING THE RELEVANT WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICE AND WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE TIME TO READ THEM
|No additional privacy terms apply at this time|
Links to other websites
Please note, Paul Sellers & Company Websites may contain links to other websites that are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for our own privacy practices and our security of Paul Sellers & Company Websites. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit.
If you are under 16, you will either need to ask your parent or guardian before registering on any Paul Sellers & Company Website or will need the permission of your parent or guardian before the bookings and purchases can be made. We may require your parent or guardian to confirm that they have given permission. We may ask for their contact details so that we can check that they have done so and may carry out checks to confirm that the details you have given us are correct.
We normally only send newsletters and offers and opportunities to those under 16 where their parent or guardian has given consent to them being sent. Parents or guardians of those under 16 can change their mind at any time (see ‘Newsletters, Offers and Opportunities’ below).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT and ITS SOURCES
In order to provide the goods or services you request, we will obtain details including:
- contact details of those registering for services, placing orders or making bookings and, where you do any of these things on behalf of another person we may require their contact details as well
- your alias being the identity you choose to use when using our bogs, vlogs and forums or providing images for our galleries
- date of birth for example, where the service you require has age related restrictions or for verification purposes
- transaction information for example, details of any goods or services you have purchased from us including dates of the purchase and events booked
- supporting information other information that is relevant to the goods or services you request such as clothing size for purchases of clothing items, dietary requirements where you are attending an event where refreshments are provided, allergy information, treatment or care that may need to be given to help you or others who attend our events. Details of the particular support information needed will normally be shown on the particular Paul Sellers & Company Website for the goods or service you require.
- feedback and survey responses we receive from you and others
Where we obtain information
In most cases we will obtain information directly from you (or from someone who requests goods or services for you on your behalf) or the device you use to communicate with us. The information will be obtained through Paul Sellers & Company Websites, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications (including blogs and social media interactions) and from records of the goods and services provided to you.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you (such as items you have purchased, newsletters you have subscribed to, events you, or someone you have booked for, have attended and details from other Paul Sellers & Company services you use or have used) or which we receive from other organisations, such as .
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
In order to understand how users use Paul Sellers & Company Websites and our services, we may collect your Internet Protocol addresses (also known as IP addresses). Your IP address is a unique address that computer devices (such as PCs, tablets and smartphones) use to identify themselves and in order to communicate with other devices in the network.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on Paul Sellers & Company Websites. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate Paul Sellers & Company Websites on each visit.
The cookies we use
The particular cookies we use will depend on which Paul Sellers & Company Website you are accessing and the service you use. You can see details of which cookies are used for each of these by clicking the relevant links below:
|Paul Sellers & Company Website||Service||Cookies used|
|www.woodworkingschool.com||General||SHOW ME THE COOKIES|
Third party cookies
You may also get cookies (including Flash cookies) from our partners and advertisers if you click on their links or adverts. You should check the privacy and cookie policies to understand how they use them.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. With experience, you can usually choose to switch off all cookies or to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to place cookies.
For further information on cookies and Flash cookies and how to switch them off see the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk or visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO TURN COOKIES OFF, THIS WILL LIMIT THE SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO YOU AND MAY AFFECT YOUR USER EXPERIENCE
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
- administration.for registration and general administration (including verification and security checking), creating and administering login credentials and access controls for online services
- delivery.to provide the goods and services you request from us (including helping you with any specific needs you or others in your group may have)
- HMRC compliance. to comply with legal obligations in relation to tax, VAT or other duties
- communication.to communicate with you in the event that any goods or services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your requests
- safety.to ensure a safe environment for the enjoyment of events and activities and to deal with any medical needs should they arise
- records.for record keeping purposes
- market research. to carry out market research so that we can improve the goods and services we offer
- analysis.to track and analyse activity on Paul Sellers & Company Websites and to understand the interests and views of users and customers
- profiling.to create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide newsletters and details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
Consent and lawful processing of personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and service delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- HMRC compliance. that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or, in serious cases, that it is in your vital interests to help you
- for direct marketing: that you have given your consent
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to encourage participation in woodworking and this does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms
Disclosing your personal information
Use of your personal information at events
In order to provide and administer bookies at events, we will provide relevant details to those running any specific sessions you attend. We will also use your information in order to ensure a safe environment for you and others to enjoy our events.
The payment card information you provide will only be available to the payment provider. This will not be available to Paul Sellers & Company.
PAUL SELLERS & COMPANY PARTNER PROGRAMME
Paul Sellers & Company teams up with a selection of carefully chosen commercial partners to work with on a range of projects and to bring you additional opportunities.
You can view an up-to-date list of by clicking the link
INVITATIONS, NEWSLETTERS, OFFERS AND OPPORTUNITIES
We and the would like to contact you and/or any person whose information you provide to us to invite you to enjoy other products and services (where you have agreed to us sending an invitation), to provide newsletters and to tell you and/or them about offers and opportunities that are available and about a range of other initiatives in a number of ways, including by post, SMS, email or, for relevant services, push notification, personalised on-screen messages and social media. Details of how to opt-in to or opt-out of receiving newsletters and details of offers are on relevant pages of the Paul Sellers & Company Websites, in relevant forms you complete and/or in the electronic message you receive.
Preferences / Subscribe / Unsubscribe
You and any other person whose information you have provided to us can change your/their mind about whether you wish to receive details of offers and opportunities at any time by using any of the methods shown below (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below) or by following the instructions with each offer you/they receive.
We take the security of personal information seriously. We employ security technology, including firewalls, and Secure Socket Layers to safeguard information and have procedures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of the services we provide to you.
We keep records as follows:
|If you are a new user and have looked at our website but, within 3 months, have not registered for any services, purchased anything or otherwise interacted with us||We will delete all of our records about your use of the site after 3 months|
|If you make any comments on any blogs, vlogs or forums or provided any images for our galleries||We will normally retain these comments and images (along with your alias and associated email address) indefinitely as an historical record|
|If you have saved any of our videos to your account with us to access later||We will keep your account fully active so that you can continue to watched those videos unless you tell us that you wish to delete your account|
|If you have purchased digital products or services from us and are based in an EU member state||We will keep records of the transaction(s) for 10 years to comply with legal requirements|
|If you have purchased digital products or services from us and are not based in an EU member state||We will keep records of the transaction(s) for 10 years|
|If you have purchased any other product or service from us||We will keep records of the transaction(s) for 6 years|
In all other cases, we will normally keep your personal data for two years after our last interaction with you (including your last use of our website). If, after this point, you have not taken up any further services, we will keep only minimal personal data about goods or services you have had from us and when, an outline of any incidents and details of any preferences or consents.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies. If we want to make any significant changes in how we will use your personal data we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
We will ensure Paul Sellers & Company Websites have our most up to date policy and suggest that you our privacy pages periodically to review our latest version.
UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
You may update or correct your personal information online in relevant membership areas or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
- access.The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 28 days of receiving them.
- withdraw consent to direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you. See section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details.
- withdraw consent to other processing. Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
- rectification.If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do it for you (see section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details).
- restriction.In limited circumstances you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted until the accuracy has been verified
- erasure.In some circumstances, for example, where we have no legal basis for retaining your personal data, you may be entitled to require us to delete your personal data.
- portablity.Where you have provided personal data electronically to us, you may be entitled to request us to provide that data to you or to have us transmit it to another organisation.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Team
Paul Sellers & Company Limited